Somewhere I belong

Sunday, August 20, 2006

In the slack way

Last week I was spending a whole week waiting for my girl friend back home from her travelling with her parents. I choose installing Slackware to kill my time. After the busy hard week, I am so happy cus I really learned a lot of things. Slack is famouse for its simply design, and text-based configuration. However, it is the most effective distro I've ever known. Everything is designed intentionally to keep it simple. No dependency-checking is enabled while installing a package. As to easy-to-use distros, this could be unable to accept. But as to a distro for geeks and experienced users, they should have known lot of the thing they are going to install. So he himself will make up what is not yet installed or make modifications to make the new things working. Now slackware is one of the favorite distros of mine. I thought it is as great as debian~~ : ) Plus, powered by a graphical installation system, how will debian 4 look like and feel like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home